How to Prepare for Your Visit
Listed below are important details to be aware of that will help you be more prepared for your visit:
- It is important to bring your current insurance card (s) and photo identification with you to each and every appointment.
- Please be prepared to pay all co-payment at each appointment. If you do not have insurance, please be prepared to make a payment in full. You are welcome to speak with our billing department directly to inquire about fees, payment plans, etc.
- If your injury is work related, pre-authorization is required before an appointment is scheduled. If you report the injury as a worker’s compensation claim during your visit and your appointment was not pre-authorized, you are responsible for the fees.
- If your insurance requires a referral, please make sure you requested a copy be sent to our office before your appointment. Patients without referrals will be rescheduled.
- Patients under the age of 18 MUST have a parent or guardian present for the visit.
- If you have previous x-rays or diagnostic tests pertinent to the injury being evaluated, please bring those image reports with you. This will prevent duplication of testing and unnecessary charges that may or may not be covered by your insurance plan. Scans or X-rays may be supplied to you on film or CD.
- Bring a list of all current medications, including over the counter medicines and vitamins.
- We encourage you to come prepared with questions and concerns. Feel free to bring a pen and paper to take notes during your visit to help you remember everything that you will learn.
- We realize the value of your time, During your visit there may be up to four physicians seeing patients on any given day. Our Physicians try to stay on schedule for each appointment. However, due to the nature of orthopaedic problems, some delays may occur, as some patients present more complex or urgent problems requiring an extended evaluation. We thank you for your understanding and patience if this should occur.
- If you more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, please understand we may need to reschedule your appointment. If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please notify us so that we may use that time for other patients.